Ready to Completely Change your Day for the Better?
Here are some simple ideas to help you lighten up and breathe easy. Whatever you decide to try, meet your friends at The Levee where a few minutes by the river can make a difference to the rest of your day.
1. Get your Yin On
Try a lunchtime Yin Yoga session at Harry’s Yoga Studio and feel tension and stress melt away. It’s easy to get stuck in our Yang energy day to day, rushing from one urgent task to another, until we wind up feeling drained.
Slouching, driving and texting all toll on the body’s connective tissues, causing them to fuse together and restrict muscle movement which blocks the flow of nutrients and energy through your body – ouch!
Just the ticket to restore your body balance, Yin is a slow paced style of yoga where you settle into passive, floor based poses for three to five minutes. It’s more challenging than it sounds at first. Your mind is likely to swirl with distractions. Muscles are lengthened and strengthened, you gain flexibility and become less reactive.
But stick with it and you’ll leave feeling like you’ve had a massage. Once you get into the habit of Yin Yoga and begin to feel more balanced and whole, you’ll look forward to the blissful, daily time-out from the monotony of messaging, deadlines and social media feed
2. Grab a Pre or Post Workout Pick Me Up
Get on the juice with a fresh pressed juice to suit your mood, boost your energy levels, or match your gym gear if that’s what floats your boat!
However you like it, delicious juice blends can boost the immune system and flush toxins from your body. Try a blend with benefits:
- – Watermelon is 90% water so it’s ultra-hydrating. Drink it mid-workout to help reduce muscle soreness and inflammation.
- – Sweet blueberry juice is the bomb! It’s packed with disease-fighting antioxidants.
- – Tangy strawberries are an immune booster, rich in Vitamin C and vital potassium. Celebrities swear by strawberries to
whiten teeth because of the malic acid they contain.
An eye popping green smoothie is the rockstar of blends! Crammed so full of goodness, leafy greens will alkalise the body to combat the lingering effects of alcohol and give you all-day energy without the caffeine crash.
Grab one from Dragonfly Foods at The Hatch or try a Power Plant Protein Shake and try one of their all natural, house made snack balls.
3. Give plants a place in your life
Lush green plants enliven a living space and lift your spirits. They also naturally filter toxins from the air we breathe.
Some absorb the volatile organic compounds in our home and convert them into nutrients they need to thrive. NASA have done clean air studies on this and Maddi from Fancy Plants nursery is just the person to help you find the right
plant for your place.
- – Maddi’s #1 choice is Devi’s Ivy. Available in a size and price to suit everyone, these are so low maintenance they can grow purely in water, trailing up a totem in the darkest corner of your home, or trailing beautifully from your brightest window.
- – So much more than cheerful little bursts of colour, Barberton Daisies cleanse the air of chemicals found in paints and synthetic fibres.
- – Some plants will thrive on the humidity of your bathroom, like English Ivy vine which combats mould or Chinese Evergreen that goes after the chemical nasties lurking in cosmetics and detergents.
Putting your energy into caring for your plant and watching it grow can be soothing to the soul.
4. Super charge your water
Water is the elixir of life and the latest wellness trend is infusing your drinking water with the healing properties of
crystals, using a Crystal Water Bottle.
You’ll find a selection at Preah Koh where self care is priority number one and crystals are found in abundance.
Crystal healing has been happening for thousands of years in ancient Egyptian, Buddhist and Hindu cultures. Rose Quartz for self love, Amethyst for a calming effect, Carnelian to help with female fertility, Clear Quartz to enhance creativity and so on.
Whether you buy into the mystical aspect or not, they are beautiful and anything that inspires you to drink more
water has to be a good thing!