After Dark – Winter Solstice
We’re warming the streets to celebrate the Winter Solstice at this unique After Dark activity.
Join us at The Levee Shared Zone and Riverside Walk as the evening comes alive with vibrant fire performers, hearty food and live entertainment.
This celebration of the shortest day of the year will culminate in the spectacular PRD Nationwide Hunter Valley fireworks display at 8.30pm.
Be sure to keep up to date with all event information and updates by following our Facebook event.
After Dark – Winter Solstice is held in The Levee Shared Zone and Riverside Walk. There are a range of transport options to the event, including bus, train and taxi.
With Maitland Train Station being only a short 8 minute walk from the event site, catching a train into After Dark – Winter Solstice is one of the easiest ways to get into the event.
Visit Transport NSW for the latest timetables and to plan your trip to and from After Dark – Winter Solstice.
Taxi Services will be available throughout the event weekend. To organise your journey to and from the event, contact Maitland Taxis on 02 4933 7333, 131 008 or www.131008.com.
Accessible Transport Options
– Maitland Community Care Services – 02 4932 5755 or mccs.org.au
– Health Related Transport (Hunter New England Area Health Services) – 1800 660 361
– Isolated Patient Travel and Accommodation Assistance – 02 6767 8343
– Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme – 1800 623 724
– Maitland Taxis – 02 4933 7333, 131 008 or 131008.com
– Hunter Valley Buses – 02 4935 7200 or huntervalleybuses.com.au
– Rover Coaches – 02 4990 1699 or rovercoaches.com.au
– Transport NSW 131 500 or 131500.info
– Maitland Taxi’s – 02 4933 7333, 131 008 or 131008.com
There are a range of car parks throughout Central Maitland, please see the below the recommended parks:
– St Andrews Street Car Park
– Elgin Street Car Park
– Albion Street Car Park
– Sempil Street Car Park
– Ken Tubman Drive (2nd level carpark only)
– Riverside Car Park
Each of the car parks listed have accessibility parking available.