Shop local at The Levee this Christmas and enjoy a free photo with Santa.
Simply scan one of the QR codes located on posters at The Riverlink during session times. We will send you a text message letting you know it is nearly your turn. If QR codes are not for you, our friendly Santa’s helpers at The Riverlink will be able to add you to the virtual queue.
Registrations open at start times. Limited spaces available per session. Please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
Santa will be at The Riverlink to do some last minute toy making and taking some time off to take photos with you and your family from Thursday 26 November to Saturday 19 December.
– Thursday from 3.00pm final photos at 7.00pm
– Friday from 9.00am final photos at 1.00pm
– Saturday from 9.00am final photos at 1.00pm
A digital photo will be emailed to you to add to your keepsake collection.
Unfortunately this year we have decided that children may not sit with Santa. We do not want him getting sick or having to self-isolate before Christmas Eve. This is to ensure a safe social distance and to limit cross contact between different groups. We will have seats provided that will be cleaned between sessions.
More information on Santa Photos
- Visit The Riverlink during session times and scan the QR Code.
- Fill your details into the online form. Remember to double check your mobile and email address is correct. We will text you when it is your turn and send your photo as an email.
- Once you complete the form you will receive a text message saying you are in the queue. Wait time will vary based on how many people have already signed up. If you want to know your wait time you can reply to our text and we will do our best to get back to you.
- Once you receive your text saying it’s nearly your turn. Head over to The Riverlink and present yourself to one of our staff. They will be wearing lanyards and some colourful Christmas headwear. If you can not present yourself within 10 minutes of receiving your text, please text us and we will put you back in the queue and do our best to get back to you.
- The photographer will direct you to enter Santa’s workshop. Remember this year children will not be sitting with Santa but on seats provided. We appreciate your understanding regarding this.
- Once your photo is taken we will send you another text with your photo numbers. Use these numbers if you do not receive an email within three to four business days from getting your photo taken by including them in an email to [email protected]emaitland.com.au.
Your photo will be processed and delivered to your nominated email address as quickly as possible. Each Friday to Sunday photo session will be processed and sent in the week following your photo session. Please allow at least three to four business days for them to arrive.
Please note that while every effort will be made, photos taken on Friday 18 December and Saturday 19 December may not arrive prior to Christmas. Please organise to attend earlier sessions to avoid disappointment.
We are not able to cater for pets* this year due to safety reasons.
*Assistance animals excepted.
Santa will be at The Riverlink, from Thursday 26 November until Saturday 19 December.
– Thursday from 3.00pm to 7.00pm
– Friday from 9.00am to 1.00pm
– Saturday from 9.00am to 1.00pm
You will receive your free digital photo with Santa via the email address you provide. It will arrive in the week following your photo session.
This year we are using QR codes and a virtual queue system so that you spend less time standing in line, and have more time to shop at The Levee while you wait. This measure is also in place to keep you COVID Safe. Come along to The Riverlink, register your details and we will text you when your turn is coming up.
Be sure to bring your mobile phone along to register.
Yes, absolutely. If you don’t have a mobile phone, you can register, but will need to stay at The Riverlink while you wait so we don’t miss your turn.
Please note, an email address is required as the photo will be sent digitally.
Our system does not allow pre-booking or bookings from previous sessions to be transferred. Please arrive at the sessions early to avoid disappointment.
COVID Safety Precautions
- If you or anyone in your group are feeling unwell please do not participate in Free Santa Photos at The Levee. Check your symptoms on the NSW Government website and consider getting tested. Council staff reserve the right to deny participation in this activity if they suspect you may be unwell.
- Your details provided for Free Santa Photos will be kept by Maitland City Council and will be used for contact tracing if requested by a NSW Health Officer.
- All contact surfaces including chairs will be wiped down between sessions with disinfectant.
- Social distancing will be adhered to between participating groups and Santa therefore children may not sit with Santa for photos this year.
- Council will is taking the utmost precautions to ensure social distancing takes place including QR sign up to the queue allowing people leave the immediate area preventing mass gatherings, designated waiting areas to ensure social distancing and the use of text message and emails to communicate important information with participants.
- We appreciate the understanding and cooperation of participating groups to make sure we help stop the spread of COVID-19.